Canon printer support numbers to help customers, how to connect and set up a canon wireless printer on your Windows or Mac computer. You can do this by connecting it over the Internet, or by connecting your printer to your computer via USB cable and allowing the printer to be installed and connected. For help click Canon Printer Support Number.
Install My Canon Printer
1 Make sure that your printer is plugged in and turned on, If your printer requires an Ethernet connection to access the Internet, you will also need to use an Ethernet cable to plug the printer into your router.
2. Check to see if your printer has installation software or not. If your printer came with a CD, then it is likely that you will need to insert the CD into your computer and allow the installation program to run before installing the printer.
- This is unlikely for modern printers, but some older printers require a CD installation before you can connect to them.
- To install via CD, just insert the CD into your computer’s CD disk, then follow the on-screen instructions to setup. For Mac, you will need an external CD reader to do this step.
3. Connect your printer to the Internet. This will typically consist of using the LCD panel of the Printer to select a wireless network and enter the password.
- To see specific instructions for connecting your printer model to the Internet, check your printer’s instruction manual.
- You can find an online version of your printer’s instruction manual on Canon’s website by clicking SUPPORT, selecting MANUALS in the drop-down menu, clicking Printers and finding your printer’s model number.
Make sure your computer is on the same network as your printer. To get commands from your computer to your wireless printer, your computer and your printer should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Installing on Windows Computer
- Click the Windows logo in the lower-left corner of the Open Start screen.
- Click the settings gear in the lower-left section of the Open Settings window.
- Click Devises, you will find it at the top of the settings window.
- Click on the printer and the scanner this tab is on the left side of the window.
- Click on Add Printer and Scanner It’s at the top of the page. By doing this popup window opens
- If you see the printer’s name in the “Printers & Scanners” section, your printer is already connected.
- Click on the name of your printer. It should be in the pop-up window Doing this will motivate your computer to connect to the printer. Once the connection process is complete, you will be able to use the printer from your computer.
If Windows is unable to find the printer, skip to the next step.
- Try installing the printer with a USB cable. If you have not seen your printer in the add window, you can install printer by connecting it to your computer with a cable:
- Attach your printer to your computer with a USB cable.
- Wait for the installation window to appear on your screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.